We provide an extensive offering of training programs to members to update and enhance their skill sets throughout their career. All training for journeymen and apprentice members of Local 63 is provided free of charge. Sheet metal apprenticeship training provides a chance to earn money while learning, as well as job security, greater earning potential, opportunities for advancement, and greater job satisfaction.
The following trainings are available based on member interest. To sign up for any of these trainings, call Helene at 413-747-1808.
Just getting started in sheet metal work? No problem. Download and submit our application to join the team. All applications must be hand-delivered to either the union office at 32 Stevens Street in Springfield, Massachusetts or the satellite office at 150 Hartwell Street in West Boylston, Massachusetts, during normal business hours.
- BASIC WELDING
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 5:00 – 8:30pm (4 week duration).
- ADVANCED WELDING
- Monday and Wednesday – 5:00 – 8:30pm (3 week duration – starts after Basic Welding is complete).
- WELDING CERTIFICATION
- Tuesday and Thursday – 5:00 – 8:30pm (duration to be announced).
- C.A.D. DRAFTING
- Monday and Wednesday – 5:00 – 8:30pm (10 week duration).
- DUCT LEAKAGE TESTING
- Tuesday 5:00 – 8:00pm (2-3 week duration).
- TESTING, ADJUSTING AND BALANCING
- Monday and Thursday 5:00 – 8:30pm
- CPR – FIRST AID- AED
- 1 day class, 5-6 hours. Maximum of 12 people.
- RIGGING/HOISTING & SIGNALING
- 1 day class, 5-6 hours. Maximum of 20 people.
- OSHA 10
- 2 day class, Friday evening and the following Saturday. Minimum of 4-5 people.
- OSHA 30
- 4 days of classes to complete (usually 4 Saturdays).
- LEAD EXPOSURE
- 3 Hours. The lead exposure training program was created to provide information specific to the sheet metal industry. This program covers anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling lead exposure hazards. It complies with OSHA standard 1926.62. The class is about 3 hours and includes a test. Those who pass the test will receive a “certificate of completion.” Lead awareness is mandatory per OSHA.
- FIRE LIFE SAFETY
- 20 Hours – Test online for certification.